Things To Do In Telluride
THE LAST WILD MOUNTAIN TOWN ~ TELLURIDE, CO
A SMALL-TOWN VIBE ~ THAT’S BIG ON FUN
This tiny town is known for big mountains and large music festivals. But what many may not know is that it’s the maverick, wild-west attitude of the folks in town that makes Telluride so special. And why people always come back for more. Prepare to travel back in time to a simpler place…but of course you’ll have an all-access pass to today’s contemporary comforts and state-of-the-art luxuries that are sure to push your vacation over the top.
AN ARRAY OF AREAS ~ TO EASILY ACCOMMODATE YOUR STYLE
Telluride is made up of two distinct areas: the “Town of Telluride” and “Mountain Village.” Down in the Town, Victorian houses border streets made for horse-drawn carriages and old-timey, cedar-lined saloons that are remnants of the wild western hamlet that once brought eager gold diggers to this precious-metal haven. Great for families and cultured travelers. Mountain Village is a more modern community with the most mountainside lodging and shopping options. Perfect for groups of die-hard skiers who want easy access to the slopes, or vacationers seeking a more posh experience.
Where To Stay
T'Ride and True on Main
What To Do
COME WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, OR FALL ~ THIS PLACE HAS IT ALL
So how do you see your vacation transpiring? Are you a snow bum looking to bundle up and speed down one of the country's best mountains? Maybe you enjoy the literal message of someone telling you to “go take a hike.” Or you could just be after cozy quarters where everything you like to do is leisurely with close proximity. Well, you’ve found your community.
SKIING & SNOWBOARDING
HIKING & BIKING
TELLURIDE FILM FESTIVAL
BLUES & BREWS
SHOP TILL YA DROP
RECOVER AT THE SPA
WHERE TO EAT
YOU’LL NEVER LET YOUR TUMMY GO HUNGRY ~ AROUND THESE PARTS
When in town, you will have a plethora of dining options at your disposal. So much so, don’t get too insulted if your kids call you just that. Here are just of a few of the many places you can whet your appetite during your stay in this culinary corner of the country.
FLORA DORA SALOON
BROWN DOG PIZZA
SMUGGLER'S BREW PUB
OAK THE NEW FAT ALLEY
221 SOUTH OAK
FOODS ON THE MOVE
Our Advice ~ On Preparing Accordingly For Your Wild Ride In Telluride
There are only 2 small grocery stores in town, so it is advisable for guests to do their grocery shopping at a large grocery store in either Montrose, Cortez, or Durango on your way in to be sure you have all you need. Aside from groceries, Telluride is full of small boutique shops, but options are limited. Prepare accordingly!
Planes, Trains & Automobiles ~ More Like Gondolas, Limos & Shuttles
- Free, 15-Minute Gondola: Open 7-12am, traveling between Mountain Village and the Town. During festivals, the gondola runs until 2:00 am.
- The Galloping Goose is a free bus service running around the Town Telluride.
- Mountain Village Bus is another bus service, this one travels around Mountain Village in the summer.
- Alpine Luxury Limo is the premier Telluride/Montrose transportation service to travel in style.
- Telluride Express is your total Telluride region ground transportation provider. Just ask and you shall receive.
- Mountain Limo have been around to take you around since 1991.
- Dial-A-Ride is a free point-to-point transportation in Mountain Village only.
- If you’re driving, you should know, in the Town of Telluride there is no overnight street parking. Carhenge parking lot, while free, also has no overnight parking. In Mountain Village, both the Gondola parking lot and Heritage offer paid parking. Also, Mountain Village market parking only allows 1hr parking. You should note Mountain Village has no street parking at all except during selected festivals, when there will be appointed parking.
Living In One Of The Highest Places In America ~ Pun Intended
- Drink a LOT of water while you are here because dehydration and altitude sickness are pretty common. We suggest you start a few days before you come out.
- Wear a sunscreen with at least SPF 30, especially if visiting in summer. Apply throughout day, as radiation is 40% higher here.
- Use caution with your adult beverages, as the effects are felt much more at higher altitudes.
- Be careful with edible forms of marijuana. Effects are felt long after consumption, typically 1-2 hours later, and it might creep up on you later than you think. If you visit a local dispensary, just ask the staff for guidance on proper use.
Traveling With Children
We Love Our Kids, Too ~ Just Not As Much On Powder Days
- Telluride Sitters offers babysitting services, as well accessories like cribs and baby gates.
- Annie’s Nannies provides babysitting, pet sitting or both!