Things To Do In Breckenridge
The Peak Of Summit County Is Tremendously Down To Earth ~ Breckenridge, Co
It’s High Time ~ You Made The Trek To Breck
What was once one of Colorado’s best-kept secrets, is slowly becoming too difficult for the locals to keep under wraps. Why? Well, with the entire 5-mile area densely packed with all sorts of activities for adventurers of all ages, the answers are loud and clear, low and high, and remote or nearby.
What to Do
Winter, Spring, Summer Or Fall ~ This Place Has It All
Pick your poison. Or in Breck’s case, revel in your remedy. That’s because this year-round, mountain town is the cure for all that ails you.
Skiing & Snowboarding
Dancing & Drinking
Biking & Hiking
Boating & Fishing
Shopping & Antiquing
Exploring & Learning
Where To Eat
Culinary Delights ~ You’ll Take Down Without A Fight
From the deli to delivery to fine dining options that represent the whole world, make sure you pack your appetite. That’s because Breckenridge is known for serving up creative cuisine with gorgeous scenery to customers of even the most discerning tastes. And it goes without saying that each and every dish comes with an extra side of fun for the whole family.
Gold Pan Saloon
Our Advice ~ On Preparing Accordingly For Your Trip To Breck
Getting To ~ And Around Town
- It's just a couple-hour drive down I-70 West from Denver, but make sure your rent a 4WD vehicle if you’re visiting in winter. Weather conditions on this highway can get rugged very quickly.
- Be sure to download the CDOT (Colorado Department of Transportation) app on your smartphone before you make the journey. It provides key updates on weather and traffic.
- If you prefer not to drive, you can take the Colorado Mountain Express http://www.coloradomountainexpress.com/ from the Denver International Airport.
- Once you’re in Breck, there are plenty of free shuttles available to get around town and the resort. Just make sure to check with your vacation consultant to make sure it’s accessible from your lodging (Uber is usually available if it is not).
Other Helpful Tidbits
Various ~ And Sundry
- Breck is almost 10,000 feet above sea level. Drink a lot of water before and after, apply sunscreen often, and use caution with your alcohol consumption.
- Be careful with edible forms of marijuana. Effects are felt long after consumption, typically 1-2 hours later, and it might creep up on you later than you think. If you visit a local dispensary, just ask the staff for guidance on proper use.
- If need be, medical treatment is available at Breckenridge Medical Clinic or St. Anthony Summit Medical Center.Weather can be rather fickle any time of year, so pack to be prepared for anything – it’s part of the fun.